My first priority at Centerburg is to get to know as many people as can. I will be working very hard to establish relationships with my students, staff, parents and the greater community of Centerburg. It truly takes a community to raise a child and developing trusting professional relationships are critical the success of any school. I encourage you to stop in for a visit, drop me a note or just say hi. I want to get to know you. Face to face personal interaction is important and many times the most desirable. But, if you like social media you can always catch up with me on Twitter - @rgallwitz.
As your principal it is important for you to know what I believe.
· that trust is the foundation for everything.
· all children can learn. (adults too)
· all children may learn differently.
· learning is social.
· it takes a community to raise a child. It’s not my job, it’s not your job – it’s OUR job.
· technology can transform public education by the way students discover content, interact with their peers, and share information.
· technology can never replace great teachers.
· in the power of a PLN (personal learning network)
· and finally I believe we are in the business of learning not teaching. When you’re through learning, you’re through.
I look forward to a great school year.
Centerburg Local Schools